A CLINICAL STUDY CONDUCTED BY FINNISH FIRM SHOWS PROMISING RESULTS FOR WOMEN SUFFERING FROM VAGINAL DRYNESS...
Did You Know?
- Vaginal atrophy affects roughly 43% of women during menopause
- Roughly 18% of all women suffer from vaginal dryness
Results from the study:
116 women were asked to take sea buckthorn oil (3 capsules, or 3 gm daily) or placebo for three months
- Vaginal mucous membranes were examined both at the beginning of the trial and at the end and were analyzed for elasticity, integrity, moisture and fluid
The women were asked to score the severity of their symptoms — vaginal dryness, burning and itching — at the beginning, middle and end of the trial and also and also kept diaries on other menopausal symptoms.
- Sea buckthorn oil was shown to significantly improve the integrity of the vaginal lining by about 50% compared to placebo
- Women taking the oil trended toward increases in their vaginal health index, which was a composite of all vaginal atrophy symptom scores (i.e. elasticity, integrity, moisture, fluid and pH)
- Another important finding was the lack of effect on cell types, which indicates that sea buckthorn oil does NOT have an estrogen effect.
- The authors attributed the improvement of epithelial integrity of vaginal mucosa to essential fatty acids (specifically Omega 7), vitamin E, and carotenoids in sea buckthorn oil
In another study looking specifically at post-menopausal vaginal inflammation and dryness, ingestion of sea buckthorn oil resulted in almost double the amount of improvement in vaginal mucous membranes versus a placebo.
Femininity Vaginal Moisture Supplement | Made with 100% Premium, USDA Organic Sea Buckthorn Oils | Outperforms Costly Competitors